CrownCoat Product brushable sealant is a fast setting elastomeric coating that forms a flexible waterproof membrane. It’s specifically formulated to repair and protect chimney crowns from water intrusion and is easy to apply with a 3″ or 4″ paint brush.
Because of its unique “quick drying” water base technology and its easy brush on application, CrownCoat has become a favorite among chimney professionals. Like CrownSeal, CrownCoat is premixed and can be used wherever a long lasting waterproof membrane is needed.
CrownCoat is durable and requires no mixing or special bonding agents. The compounds in CrownCoat are solvent-free and will not harm the environment. Use CrownCoat for your do it yourself brick chimney repair projects. Fix and repair chimney crowns with the same product the pros use.
Works best with a china bristle brush. Here’s a couple basic steps:
- Wire brush the crown of loose sweeping material
- Apply duct-tape to the very coarse of brick that meets the crown.
- Apply duct-tape to the bottom of the chimney crown, its okay to paint on the duct-tape.
- Paint on top of the chimney crown. It has been our experience to use a light misting to keep working the material.
- Remove duct-tape, and you look like a pro.
In my professional opinion, this has solved more chimney crown water product than other product we’ve experienced. Highly recommended. – Clay Lamb, Ask the Chimney Sweep
For more information about our product visit our website Ask the Chimney Sweep
For helpful ideas and tips about fireplace and chimney problems, click here to subscribe!